Friends, you are all so amazing. I’m seriously so blown away by all of you this week.
From all of our conversations around the election to sharing our news about our upcoming trip – my cup is so full from all of the real conversations we’ve had here.
When I started this blog I wanted it to be a place for connection, not just a place to share my favorite face cream or a new soup recipe. But a place that added real value. And this week I felt it. So thank you.
It was so fun chatting with all of you about our trip, receiving your advice, and hearing about some of your own family adventures (I loved some of the photos too ;). You all seriously are a wealth of knowledge.
Speaking of our trip, it feels crazy that we leave in three days. JP and I started chatting about this back in August, and now here we are.
And I’ll be totally transparent here, as excited as I am, my anxiety is really wanting to have a moment, and I’m doing EVERYTHING I can to keep it at bay. My meditation is helping (I think), and just saying out loud “oh hey there anxiety, I was wondering when you’d show up. Welcome to the party. I’m actually doing ok – but thanks for coming.” is helping too.
It sounds weird, I know. But sometimes just acknowledging that my mind racing about all that we need “to do” is really just my anxiety and that we DO in fact have enough snacks and NO Frankie doest not need one more pair of underwear.
I’m really trying with this trip to just trust my gut, enjoy it, and not let my anxiety take away from all the excitement (wish me luck). In the past, I’ve let too many moments get spoiled by my anxiety and racing mind and I’m really trying to not let this happen. Wow, maybe getting older does have its perks 😉
Ok so now to the fun stuff – what I’m packing. Since our trip is covering a lot of different altitudes, and environments I feel like I’m packing a little bit of everything. I’m trying to take some basics too. Things I can hike in, then throw on some flats and I can wear the same leggings to dinner. Or a dress I can wear in southern California when it’s warm, but then add a leather jacket and boots a month later when it’s colder up north.
While I seem to have an overflow of things I’m packing, here are just a few of my favorite pieces.
A few of my favorite things that I’m packing for our trip out West
- Anthropologie, Nikole Maxi dress, $99 (plus an additional 40% off)
- Anthropologie, Tereze midi shirt dress, $99 (plus an additional 40% off)
- Anthropologie, Maeve, Wendy tiered maxi dress, $158
- Nordstrom Rack, Phenix, felt grey fedora, $34
- Birkenstock, Gizeh birko flip-flop, $99.95
- AYR, The Bomb Pop Jeans, $225
- Everlane, The Original Cheeky Jean in tall, $78
- M. Gemi, The Felize leather shoe, $198 (use code “SeeAnnJane” for $60 off)
- Bagatelle, Faux leather moto jacket, $59.99
- Amazon, packable puffer jacket $48
- Everlane, The Performan leggings, $58
- Anthropologie, Picro classic denim jacket, $130
- Ash, Skate knit sneaker, $99.99
- Anthropologie, NYC baseball hat, $38
- PrintFresh, Bagheera long sleeve pajama set, $132 (use code “KATY15” for 15% off)
- Calvin Klein adjustable bralette, $22
Anthropologie, Nikole tiered maxi dress $99 plus an additional 40% off